A condo association’s package of insurance policies typically helps cover the structure of the building and common areas. It’s important to understand what the different policies cover and how that differs from a unit owner’s insurance policy.

The primary policies, and the most expensive policies, for a condominium association are the liability and property policies. The liability policy typically helps cover legal or medical costs if the association is hit with a lawsuit — for example, if someone is injured after slipping and falling in a common area maintained by your association.

Then there’s the property policy, which helps provide protection against covered perils for the building, common areas and the associations personal property, like furniture, exercise equipment, etc.

In addition, there are other policies that make up the protection which all associations need.

Use an agency, like John Galt Insurance, to help protect your association.